Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just pics and a quick update

 I just realized I never posted any pictures of Clayton ringing the bell to signal the end of radiation.. WHOO HOOO...What a great day that was.
    He is finally able to be home and not be in the car driving to Ft. Worth every day.  It is true, Six weeks flew by.  Praise the Lord. Thank you for your prayers.  We are so grateful for very minimal side effects.  He experienced a red ear and some loss of appetite, but he appetite is returning and he is starting to eat more.
     Last week we did lots of birthday celebrating.  We saw Madagascar 3 with some friends on Thursday.  As we were watching the movie, I received the call that Clayton's ANC was at 104!  Extremely low.  Average is 1800.  WOW... I panicked and we went home just waiting for a fever to break out.  God is so good to us.  Clayton remained fever free.  I'm hoping his counts are rebounding now and this week's report will be much better.
 He is still running around like a wild man.  This week he is thrilled to be in baseball camp from 9-11 in the morning.  In this Texas heat, it's exhausting, but he's loving it and wakes up with a smile every morning.  I'm so thankful for that little smile.Just today when I went to pick him up, I extended my hand to take his ball bag... he looked at me like "Whatever" , put it on his back, and walked off with the other boys.  He has redefined the term "perseverance" for me.
   Yall be in prayer for clayton and his siblings as they prepare to go to Camp Sanguinity  next week.  This is a camp offered by Cook Childrens for kids with Cancer and their siblings. It's located near us at Camp Jon Marc in Meridian.  I am expecting it to be a great time for Clayton.  Pray my older girls make it.  I'm almost sure their cell phones won't have signal out there.  WOW... what ever will
 they do?  Please pray for continued health over Clayton so that he can go to camp and enjoy himself thoroughly.  Please pray that my kids can learn and understand more about his trial and that they may be a light to another family group there.  Also, please pray for Chad and me as we are alone for 5 days.  We desperately need time together and peace surrounding us.  Please just pray for our family next week.
    Blessings to you all and we continue to thank you for all you do for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment